Landscaping Dreams in the Dead of Winter

William Chandler of Chandler Landscaping designed this gorgeous yard featured in Style At Home's May 2010 Issue. Bill, as I know him, also did my parents yard and it is hands down, the most beautiful residential garden I have ever seen. Timeless, sophisticated and traditional would be words I think of when I see his work. I'm doing some graphic design work for Bill (his website is coming soon) and I had mentioned last Summer our dislike of our front yard. Fast forward to a week ago, and after Bill and I were wrapping up a meeting, he slips this out of a folder for me....


It's OUR yard. I was shocked. It was beautiful. I am in in love with the possibilities. Especially what he did for our walkway. Isn't that gorgeous how it isn't just straight, and it is wider - which will be fantastic for the stroller. Bill worked in plants we already had purchased like the Hydrangeas and boxwood's. The garden would be filled with lavender and Thyme and Lilacs. Although we couldn't likely do ALL of the planting right away, getting the new walkway would be an amazing improvement. Not sure if it's in our budget but we will see!  (To see our Front Landscaping wish list from last year here click here) What a perfect time of year to start dreaming of flowers and greenery.

(Main photo courtesy of Style at Home Magazine, May 2010)
Photography by Andreas Trauttmansdorff