Falling for the unobtainable

I am swooning over the West Elm rug as seen on in the abode of Emily Schuman, the writer behind Cupcakes and Cashmere. (Featured on Apartment Therapy) I'm a little surprised I like it as I'm more on the side of traditional.
This rug and I have a little history. You see, I spotted this rug and fell for it the other night I was lying in bed,watching E! Fashion Police. (Don't judge) I tweeted that I liked it, and @LnlyWifeProject  responded and told me it was likely West Elm. She was right.  It is the Beaded Diamond Dhurrie rug.  (see the set design of E! Fashion Police here)

Being on sale, means other people grabbed it and I was out of luck. Really, it's not what I would have thought to initially put in our Living room as I feel as though I air more on the side of traditional, but for the right price I would have played with the idea of adding something like this in our house, especially after seeing it in Emily's place.  The hunt continues!

Credit: Photos from Apartment Therapy