Living Room Area Rug, Ordering Samples...

Although the sudden purchase of the furnace halted the living room area rug search, I still keep my eyes open for one, for when our budget allows. It's not that I haven't seen any I like, we just don't have thousands to invest in one at this point in our lives. 

I spotted this carpet from Shaw. Shown on the front of their website it says it is a "Bound Carpet: Urban View in Cobblestone". It looks slightly blue and reminiscent of this rug from West Elm. So, I called Alexanians and they had no trouble ordering in a sample. It would have to be cut to size but the image below was promising! This weekend Aubrey drove by the store and borrowed the sample to bring home.


But look at it in real life....

How on earth could these be the same? Although the pattern is the same, the colour is very different than what they show on their site. (And Alexanians did 100% order the right sample)

So although this post shows us no further along our hunt, it is a great example illustrating why I have a phobia of buying big purchase items like rugs, sight unseen online. Although I hadn't anticipated this major colour difference in the rug, it's reminding me I should just stick close to home and buy a rug that I could easily return if its not right.