Unexpected purchase

Excuse the long intro, but the story is required in order to explain the amazing find...
We have a little antique store in our neighbourhood. It's a weird little store, that isn't very well curated and filled with things that are sometimes just over priced. (All to say, that I rarely go in.) However, last Thursday, on a walk back from Starbucks with the babies attached to us,  Erin and I spotted that the store was having a 50% off sale. We were told by the shop owner that things in the basement she really wanted to get rid of, so to "Make her an offer". And so, the two of us and our babies headed to the dark basement. :)

I saw a side table that was tucked away and was covered in dust....and I instantly fell for it. It was marked at $50, I asked the owner how much she wanted. Want to know how much she wanted? Twenty-Five Dollars! I nearly fainted. I asked her also how much she wanted for a marble vase (marked at $60) and she said..."I'll throw that in for free." I whipped out my credit card and handed it to her. Sold. Erin and I carried the table back home with our Starbucks and our babies in the rain to place it immediately in my living room...

New Living Room Table

It has beautiful wood inlay detailing and a little drawer that opens on the front.

006

The table has some marks on the top (See below) but they don't bother me in the slightest.

New Living Room Table

When Lauren at Style at Home asked in their interview what our decorating style was, I thought that "Young Traditional" summed us up pretty well. And I think below is a perfect example. The furniture feels adult, but the (new) pillows make it youthful. (Do you agree? Or am I totally bonkers)
I think we have a room that is actually coming together! Ok, back to the table - can you believe it was TWENTY FIVE dollars!?

New Living Room Table

I still walk by it and stop and admire it.