A modern approach to the Easter Egg

We are lucky to live within walking distance to the Beach, something I hadn't fully appreciated how much I would love when we bought our house. Last week, my little brother and his lovely girlfriend visited Oscar and I, and we trotted down to the Beach to grab a drink and walk along the boardwalk. And, of course, search for beach glass by the water. While searching for beach glass and I noticed that a lot of rocks looked like eggs. And, I thought to myself...Easter!
 
So Oscar and I collected some, and brought them home, washed them, and pulled out the paints I had actually bought earlier that day - not realizing they would come in handy for my project. While Oscar napped, I proceeded to paint the rocks. 

It was neat, the rocks soaked in the paint, so there was still a natural element poking through. If you wanted richer colours a second and third coat would do the trick. Or, you could prime them first.

I loved how they turned out.  

I adore these, it could have proven to be a disaster, but seeing them grouped together makes a modern display. Perfect for Easter decor. And for those wondering about Oscar, they are out of arms reach for obvious reasons. ;)