A Designer Tip - Ikea

Believe it or not, Ikea actually surprises me every year. I sit, flip through the catalogue, and some how they always convince me that my living room would look way cooler with a few more bookshelves and clutter. Personally, more clutter generally screams more cleaning, therefor I have started to take a more minimalistic approach to my designing. I digress. Ikea's 2012 catalogue did not disappoint once again. As I am moving into a small space, their front cover really caught my attention:

Via


 "A home doesn't need to be big, to be smart." Isn't that the truth!? Thanks Ikea. With small spaces, you do have to create innovative solutions and they make products that fit the bill. Now I think we all know, Ikea quality is not going to withstand the test of time, but depending on budget and need, they can be the perfect solution. Check out this post from Apartment Therapy, a blog I religiously check; Designer Looks With Ikea . They have given great design tips on how to use Ikea products in an interesting way. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you Apartment Therapy, from those of us with teeny, tiny budgets!

My Ikea Tip: Expedit Units are the most versatile shelving unit Ikea has. It is streamlined, modern and clean looking with function for every room! These can be cute mud room benches, wall to wall book/display shelves, room dividers. They are a chameleon, which is why I like them. 

Happy Reading!
K