Front Porch Designing...Any Ideas?

One last exterior post till moving to the interior...

Personally, I have been searching for a house with a front porch. It was not a necessary "must have" for this house, but was definitely an added bonus! I look forward to quiet summer nights on the porch, with the sounds of the crickets and wind in the trees. It's a feeling that reminds me of my parents home; the smells and sounds gives me instant comfort! Not only that, but the porch becomes an extension of the home. Due to it's pint size, maximizing on extra living space it key to my new dwelling!

I haven't yet decided what type of furniture I would like to have in the front; a swinging bench? Two Muskoka chairs and a side table? A small settee or love seat? For those of you that do have front porches, what is your favorite part about the porch? Has some furniture served better than others? I need your input on this one!


Funky option for Front Porch (via)

Traditional Rattan? Rug?