Landscaping Comes First



It is official. I am a homeowner. It's happened. The keys have been passed over. The large cheque has been written and the champagne has been toasted (thanks T and N!).

Yesterday was a big day. I brought in the crew, or should I say family, who generously helped me all afternoon clearing the overgrown forest that clearly had taken over the property. As you can see from the picture below, which I will refer to as B.C. (before clean up!), and then you will see afters, A.D. (after demolition!)....you can see what a little bit of elbow grease can do to a place!


The formula for this project:
2 Aunts
2 Uncles
2 Parents
1 boyfriend
(me)
1 trailer for brush
2 chain saws
pruning sheers
top soil (left by the previous owners, than you very much!)
brown bags for brush for garbage day
a few other gardening tools

And before you know it...your property will grow by feet!! Check out the results!




Front Garden, BC

Front Garden, AD
 
Garden from view on the porch, BC

Garden from porch AD

 
I even had a few neighbours praise us while we were working! I
have been officially accepted to the neighbourhood.

This is the driveway, that can only fit one car due to the over
growth (BC)

Now there is enough space for three cars to fit! Once the over growth
was cut down, it was amazing how big the property felt.
(Driveway, AD)


And you are asking yourself....did the owner's before not 
believe in gardening tools?  The answer: No. 



You can now actually see the backyard to the street. And all the
brush that now needs to be transported to the dump. That is not
the fun part. 

View from deck, BC
The sign of hard work (and even some transplanting in the back)!
 We moved some of the over grown grass to the back to help
with privacy.
Trailer full for the dump.


It was a great project to begin with because I could see the improvement happening. Instant gratification, as we humans all love! Until I get the a-okay from the city, the garden and exterior are the only areas to work on for now. However, I am feeling very optimistic and excited after today!

Thanks for all those who helped and stopped by today to see our progress! You have no idea how much it means to me!

Happy Monday!
K