Classic, Heritage Motif of The Hudson Bay Company

While I resurrect a home from the past, I am finding myself wanting to infuse the old with the new. Not a new concept, but I have come to realize, this is a design style I covet.  The Hudson Bay Company motif has caught my eye on several occasions, both in fashion and for the home. Ever since the the 2010 Olympics in Whistler, BC, I have drooled over finding a Hudson Bay coat like the one Rachel Bilson sported.

Via
The Hudson Bay Company, for those of you who don't know, is a historic Canadian trading company that began in the late 18th century. It's stripes have become a historic trade mark of the company, and Canadians alike. The motif become more popular when "The Bay" began it's large department stores, many years ago. The stripes have come and gone in fashion, but now due to the uprise in vintage style, The Bay has made a serious come back not only in fashion, but also in their home line. The Bay has revitalized it's historical blankets and added new products for the home that will make you swoon (One word: Cashmere). It's the perfect way to add some vintage and history to you house!

via