Freshen Up Your Front Door

Last weekend I spent most of my time with a paint brush in hand. I decided it was time to get back into the reno project after a 6 week hiatus. I tackled the front foyer and stairs and I admit, by Sunday, I was proud of the work I accomplished, especially because I gave up snowboarding for the weekend to work on my house. One of the most exciting tasks was painting the back of my front door, and finally adding some colour to my space! I painted it navy blue (to no surprise after last week's post), which I will happily show off in a future post once the hall is completely finished. Are you looking for a change, some colour or a new palette for your house then why not start with the front door? Truly, adding the blue made SUCH a difference and now I am jazzed to infuse colour into the rest of my place.

Need some inspiration? No problem....

via





via

via

via

via

via


As I am sure you noticed, most of these doors are paired with neutral walls, which is something to consider. The door should act as a piece of art in the space and not compete with it's surroundings. If your front foyer is drab and needs a pick-me-up, perhaps a fresh colour on the door will do the trick! What colour is your favourite? Mine is, well, blue!