Project Spotlight - Fresh and Casual Bedroom

At this point, my house is in a bit of a stand still. Little by little, I am tackling small jobs but nothing major to report. Having said that, I have been working on other Interior Design projects with clients and  I thought I'd share these with you, my readers. I have created a new section called, Project Spotlight, to feature projects from designers or readers, in the hopes to continually inspire you! If you have a project that you would like to see featured on The Reno Projects, please feel free to email me at krista@kmsalterdesign.com.


This next project was done by yours truly at kmsalter design. My client  wanted to surprise her daughter while away on vacation. The task was to decorate her bedroom within a week. I felt like I was on a reality tv show trying to get this done, on time and on budget! (Isn't that what they always say?) The structure of the project; no major construction, keep ceiling and ceiling fan as is, and the rest I had free reign. On a tight budget, I think I pulled it off quite well.

Before - Cluttered and Disorganized


Before - Tween room of chaos

Fresh Paint. New Bedding, lighting and some accent
furniture

Added storage helps organize personal belongings.

I reclaimed a few key images from her existing photo wall
and highlighted them above the bed with simple frames.
This also creates an illusion of a higher headboard.

This room displays how a bit of time, effort and money can go a long way. The prep work and painting of the walls, paneling and trim were the most time consuming jobs of the whole project.  Pulling together a few pieces of furniture to coincide with her existing pieces kept the budget modest and allowed the room to still feel like hers. 

Luckily, my client and her daughter were both delighted when they returned home to find this lovely surprise! I don't know if I will ever have the chance to pull off a surprise like this again! Has anyone else experience a decorating surprise?