Baby Nurseries: Not Just For the Baby

Nurseries seem to be top priority for many of my family and friends these days. I am "at that age" where everyone seems to be getting married and starting families..but not me...just yet...sorry, Mom! Since the beginning of winter, I received ten baby announcements! Yes, ten! And so in lieu of their growing bellies, I thought I would lend some inspirational advice for their soon-to-be nurseries.

Via

Personally, I believe nurseries are a place to have fun. It doesn't always have to be baby blue or pink. I think it's wise to consider the decor as something the child can grow into, to avoid a major overhaul every 5 years. Naturally, baby rooms are to be whimsical and sweet, but also should be a space for the parents to enjoy. After all, within the first few months (or years), the parents spend oodles of time in that room too! Add fun pieces of art work, whimsical light fixtures, bold pattern and colour, and most of all a comfortable stylish chair for feedings and bedtime lullabies. 

To all my pregnant friends and readers, congrats to you! I hope these images help ignite some inspiration for your nurseries!



Via

Via

via

Via
Via

Have you started to decorate your nursery yet? If so, I would love to see the before/after photos! Send your submissions to krista@kmsalterdesign.com. Or do you need help with a place to start? I can do that too! Just ask.

And on a personal note....Congrats to Josie and Matt, who literally announced the birth of their twins, Ryann and Kale, as I was writing this post! Cannot wait to meet them!

Now, we are eagerly awaiting Jen and Adam's lil' bundle of joy...any day now girl! Hang in there :)