Anniversary

On the weekend, it was my 12th Wedding Anniversary. I'm not sure where that time has gone, and I'd like to state, for the record, that I was a child bride. All right, maybe not a child, but I certainly look pretty young in the photos from the big day.



So, to celebrate, Mr AV and I went out to dinner at Celcius in the city for a 5 course degustation. For some visuals, this is what I wore:









I wore a Lela Rose dress, fishnets and my black patent peeptoe Bally heels. I nearly crippled myself on Saturday morning tripping over in the dressing room and have done something painful to my foot. Don't think that prevented me wearing my extremely high heels to dinner though. I never give in. Mostly because I am 5'4" and Mr AV is 6'1". 





Started the night with a glass of Veuve








Crab Bisque with fancy cracker things and panacotta something or another and lots of that dust that is so popular at the moment.







Lamb with miniature vegetables. More dust.









Food was excellent. 



And to take a trip down memory lane, here is me arriving at the church 12 years ago. I was very lucky that for my "something borrowed" I had a few family heirlooms (sadly not a tiara, dammit). My veil arrived in South Australia in 1836 with my Mother in Law's family and has been passed down through the women in her line. It's Brussels Lace, and is very fine and fragile. And beautiful. I was very lucky.









Another borrowed was a sterling silver Victorian posy holder. It was carried by my mother on her wedding day. I'll try to get a picture of it next time I'm up at my Dad's, but it has fern leaves and grasshoppers up the side. I had Lily of the Valley for my bouquet. I know my dress looks unoriginal now, every dress you see is strapless and draped to the side, but take my word for it, it was very cutting edge at the time. 









Bridesmaids wore pale green silk and carried posies of Pierre de Ronsard roses.







And we had the reception at my Parent in Law's house, where we kicked up our heels on the dance floor in a Marquee.







Hilariously, when I went to the hairdressers the other day, I was telling her that I'd been married 12 years ago, and that my photos were not digital because they didn't have digital cameras back then, and, I kid you not, she gasped. She also was incredulous that my wedding research was all done from Martha Stewart Wedding magazines, as no one had a website. It was The Dark Ages, well before Pinterest. 





Anyway, enough trips down memory lane. I need to get on with the business of organising a 7th birthday party...busy week ahead!