Layering Area Rugs

Layering carpets? What? Really? I thought it was a strange idea, but naturally, once I seeing it enough, it starts to grow on me. I first laid eyes on this dynamic pairing while visiting my friend, Josie, at her house over a year ago (She is totally a trendsetter!). Shortly after, I started to see this layered look creep into the design scene. Yesterday, I noticed it at Anderson's Carpet and Home...



So how do you get this look? Pair one jute carpet and layer an animal skin rug on top. Voila! Josie revealed she found her rugs at Ikea!She doubled up the TĂ…RNBY Rug and added the KOLDBY Cowhide

If you aren't into the animal hide, or natural jute, there are plenty of options for you! This is not exclusive to style, but rather the concept. Often, this is common practice in a carpeted bedroom. If you are bored of your broadloom, monochromatic carpet, and are looking for a bold punch, this could be the answer.

Here are some other inspirations for you...


via

via

via