Designer Critique: Location, Location, Location

At first glance, this kitchen looks pretty awesome, doesn't it? I agree! I love the base cabinet colour. It has a nautical, industrial look without being cliche. Now after studying the photo, do you have any design critiques? Naturally...I do...

via



I mean, this is the purpose of my blog...to help point you in the right direction to make your space perfect!

It's the sink that bothers me. It's placed at the end of the island, which at first looks like an interesting location, but think about it...Where will you put your dishes when you are washing up? Where do the dry ones go? I believe the sink is a full basin (one bowl) sink, which doesn't lend to a drying sink for the clean dishes. When planning your sink location, if possible, 24" on either side of your basin is ideal. And to top it off, who wants to stare at a wall when they are doing the dishes?

Just something to think about...